Are you looking for Dysport™ near Times Square, NY? This simple, effective, non-surgical treatment works by relaxing facial muscles on the forehead, thereby reducing and smoothing away frown-lines and other facial wrinkles.
Dysport™ was developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1990s, to successfully treat a number of neurological and ophthalmic conditions. In 2009, it was approved by the FDA for improving the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines. Dysport ™ is supported by more than a decade of clinical experience, and thousands of Dysport ™ treatments have been safely and effectively performed for a variety of conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dysport™?
- Prescription Dysport™ (abobotulinumtoxinA) is an injection used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in adults less than 65 years of age.
How does it work when I have Dysport™ in Times Square, NY?
- With just one injection into each of 5 points between and over the eyebrows, Dysport™ stops the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately reducing muscle activity and temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines.
How often can I get injections of Dysport™?
- You should wait at least 90 days between Dysport™ treatments. The safety of Dysport™ has been studied in up to 12 repeated treatments. Clinical studies demonstrated continued efficacy with up to four repeated treatments.
How long has Dysport™ been used?
- Though approved in the United States for aesthetic use in April 2009, Dysport™ has a history of use in other countries since 1991. Outside the U.S., it was first approved for aesthetic use in 2001.
What are possible side effects when I have Dysport™ in Times Square, NY?
- Side effects associated with Dysport™ injections are mild to moderate, and include discomfort or pain at the injection site, blurred vision, or drooping eyelids. These reactions are temporary, and pain can be diminished by applying ice to the area. You should not use Dysport™ if you are allergic to botulinum toxin products such as Dysport™, Myobloc® or Botox® Cosmetic, or if you have had side effects in the past.
Dr. Quintana will discuss all the benefits and any potential side effects of Dysport™ during your one-on-one consultation. For optimum facial rejuvenation, Dr. Quintana may also suggest combining Dysport™ with one or more of the following anti wrinkle procedures: