Acne Scar Removal New York City
Are you looking for microdermabrasion in New York City? Microdermabrasion is a skin exfoliation process that resurfaces the skin, to remove sun damage and to minimize the appearance of scars and dark spots. This procedure is also widely used for treatment of acne and acne scarring.
Microdermabrasion effectively resurfaces areas including the face, back, chest, and arms, for both males and females, with periodic treatments. The procedure does not require anesthesia, and therefore requires no downtime. The dead outermost layer of skin is removed, stimulating collagen production, and leaving skin renewed and refreshed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is microdermabrasion?
- It’s a skin exfoliation process that resurfaces the skin to remove sun damage and minimize the appearance of scars and dark spots. Microdermabrasion in New York City is also used to treat acne and acne scarring.
How does microdermabrasion work?
- Microdermabrasion removes the stratum corneum, that outer most layer of skin, made up of dead cells. The stratum corneum is where many minor skin blemishes reside, such as fine wrinkles, blemishes, and minor scars. After a session the body will respond as though you have a minor injury, and it will begin to send new, fresh cells to the area.
- The procedure may be paired with a chemical peel for optimal results.
How long is the down time?
- After receiving treatment, you should be able to return to work the same day. There may be some redness lasting around an hour, which can be covered with makeup.
What areas can be treated?
- Microdermabrasion can be done on the face, back, hands, legs, and virtually anywhere.
What are some of the benefits?
- Microdermabrasion can be used to remove blemishes, sun damage, and minor scars. It can aid in treating acne, and with the stratum corneum gone, the skin can absorb moisturizers and medicated creams better.
What equipment is used?
- Our facility uses AestiLISSE, a 2-in-1 system. The dual mode system provides maximum versatility for treating the full range of superficial to deeper skin damage. The system offers two options, a precise crystal stream or a crystal-free diamond tip, to loosen the layer of dead skin cells that form on the surface and dull the skin’s appearance. Microdermabrasion treatments reinvigorate the skin and improve its tone and texture.
- Gentler treatment option for sensitive skin.
- 5 diamond tips, smooth to extra coarse, to meet each patient’s individual needs.
- More aggressive treatment option
- Full range of vacuum adjustment for various skin conditions.