With the availability of dermal fillers, people do not have to go under the knife just to enjoy facial rejuvenation. Juvederm in New York has become the choice of many New Yorkers because it is non-surgical, virtually painless, quick, and has long-lasting results. Juvederm injections won’t disrupt your schedule and need little follow-up care. Then again, there are some instructions you have to follow.
What to do after Juvederm treatments
- Stay away from excessive heat. Hot showers and hot saunas should be avoided. Excessive heat dilates blood vessels and promotes bleeding as well as bruising.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure. This is not the best time to get a tan. Avoid the sun as well as artificial tanning booths. Also, you have to put on sunblock to protect the skin. Too much sun exposure can lead to permanent skin discoloration after bruising.
- Do not participate in strenuous activities after Juvederm treatments. Rigorous exercises can elevate your blood pressure and cause more swelling and bruising.
- Do not take ibuprofen, aspirin, and vitamin E for for the next 2 weeks as they may increase your risks of bruising.
- Don’t squeeze or massage the treatment area for a couple of hours after treatment. Doing so can affect results.
- Be gentle when applying makeup and other beauty products.
- Don’t exaggerate your facial expressions. You can show your emotions, but don’t overdo them.
- If there is bruising, redness, or swelling, apply cold compress.
- Avoid alcohol for the next 24 hours following the procedure. Alcohol may dilate blood vessels and lead to more bruising.
If you are interested in softening your wrinkles and plumping the lips, schedule your Juvederm treatment with us by calling 212-391-8600 today. Maintaining your youthful look has never been this easy. We look forward to hearing from you!