People from all over the country have constantly searched for ways to treat wrinkles. They strictly follow their beauty regimen, yet they cannot seem to get the results they want. They also do not want to undergo surgery just to reverse the signs of aging. Here at Laser & Mohs Dermatology of New York, we provide patients a fresh and new way to treat wrinkles. Dsyport in New York is a simple, effective, and non-surgical wrinkle treatment. It is a good choice for those who want to eliminate wrinkles but cannot afford the downtime associated with invasive procedures. However, you have to understand that not everyone is a good candidate for Dysport treatments.
Who is a good candidate?
It is ideal for the majority of patients who want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines to look younger and fresher. Both men and women can have Dysport treatments.
So who should not have Dysport injections?
Dysport treatment is not advisable if you:
- are allergic to Dysport or to one or more of its ingredients
- are allergic to cow’s milk protein
- have experienced an allergic reaction to a similar product like Botox and Myobloc
- have an infection on the treatment site
- are still a child
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
It may also not be appropriate for you if:
- any of your facial features have been surgically modified
- the muscles in the treatment site are very weak
- your face does not look the same on each side
- the site of injection is inflamed
- your eyelids are droopy
- you have deep facial scars
- your skin is thick and oily.
For more information on Dysport and to know if you are a good candidate for the procedure, request an appointment by calling us at 212-391-8600 or by filling out this appointment request form. Dr. Quintana and her team of experts would love to help you achieve your aesthetic goals whether through the use of Dysport or another anti-wrinkle treatment.