Quick Facts on Restylane
- Posted on: Oct 15 2013
Skin rejuvenation does not have to involve surgery all the time. There are less invasive alternatives to facelifts that can treat the signs of aging and give you a younger and fresher appearance. Here at our New York dermatology practice, we have several dermal fillers available including Restylane. Restylane has been used since 1996 and has helped millions of patients all over the world have younger-looking skin.
Before taking advantage of Restylane, it is important to have a better understanding of this dermal filler. We have outlined the things you need to know about Restylane.
- It is made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally found in the body. The wrinkles and fine lines on your face become smooth when Restylane is injected. It is appropriate for mid to deep dermal injection.
- Restylane treatments reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the face including forehead lines, lines between the eyebrows, smile lines, nasolabial folds, and crow’s feet.
- Its effects can be seen immediately, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Prior to Restylane injections, a topical anesthetic cream is applied. Small needles are also used during injection. Discomfort can be minimized by applying a gentle technique.
- The results can last up to a year and a half. A follow-up treatment may be needed four months and a half after treatment or on the ninth month.
- The side effects associated with Restylane include swelling, redness, bruising, tenderness, and pain. These side effects usually go away within seven days. By following everything the doctor says regarding post-treatment care, you can minimize these side effects significantly.
If you would like to learn more about Restylane and other dermal fillers, request an appointment with Laser & Mohs Dermatology of New York by calling 212.391.8600 or by filling out this online contact form. We would love to help you fight the effects of aging on your skin through Restylane or with the use of another dermal filler.