As Mother Nature prepares for the changing seasons with crisp days and falling leaves, it’s time to look forward to holiday parties and time with friends and family. It’s also the perfect time to treat yourself and your skin to a refreshing, glowing look…and treat the effects of the summer sun as well. One of the easiest, quickest and simplest ways to accomplish this is with microdermabrasion, the number two non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the United States.
Microdermabrasion is a safe, effective treatment for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin, light scars, fine wrinkles, acne-prone skin, freckles and age spots. And here’s more good news: microdermabrasion is affordable and can be performed over your lunch hour.
- A microdermabrasion treatment is completely customized to you, based on your individual skin conditions.
- Microdermabrasion is non-invasive. Using a wand that is passed over your skin, tiny air-driven crystals are gently blown against your skin, cleansing and abrading the top layer. The used crystals and dead cells from your skin are vacuumed away to a sealed container.
- By removing the top layer of skin, microdermabrasion may stimulate the body to produce collagen and increase cell turnover.
- The procedure takes about 30 minutes, and there is virtually no pain or downtime. You can return to normal activities immediately, looking refreshed and glowing.
- You will likely find the treatment soothing and not as painful as a laser skin resurfacing treatment
- Skin typically regenerates at approximately 30-day intervals, therefore, skin improvement with microdermabrasion should be repeated every four weeks for optimal improvement.
- Microdermabrasion can be used on the face, back, chest, and arms, for men and women alike.
If you have fine wrinkles, acne scars, age spots or freckles, but aren’t yet ready to try a laser treatment or a chemical peel, microdermabrasion could be the perfect solution to help you feel better about yourself – and get a younger, refreshed look.
To learn more about how your skin can benefit from microdermabrasion, call to book an appointment with Dr. Quintana, today: (212) 391-8600.