TRY A CHEMICAL PEEL FOR SOFTER, SMOOTHER SKIN
- Posted on: Aug 30 2015
• Chemical peels date back to ancient Egypt, making them one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world!
• As we age, our skin begins to show the effects of the environment, genetics and simply living life.
• The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has found that chemical peels are among the most popular of today’s nonsurgical cosmetic procedures.
• As a treatment for fine lines, blemishes, acne scars, uneven pigmentation, pre-cancerous growths and sun-damaged skin, a chemical peel leaves your skin with a younger, healthy glow.
• The effects of a chemical peel range from brightening the skin to literally peeling away the visible signs of aging.
• Chemical peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results, are minimally invasive and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
How does it work?
• A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which results in the enhancement and smoothing of the skin’s texture.
• A skin care professional applies alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol to the skin.
• This solution removes the damaged, outer layers of the skin.
• The skin cells separate and exfoliation begins.
At Laser & Mohs, our peel formulas and strengths are tailored to each patient and may be combined with other procedures.
Dr. Quintana will carefully examine and evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results.
• Your peel will be performed in our office.
• Your new skin will be sensitive, so avoid exposure to sunlight.
• The use of sunscreen is a must.
• The amount of time it takes for recovery varies with each patient.
• About a week following the procedure, your new pink skin will emerge.
• You may want to take some time off work and pamper yourself!
• It is recommended that you space your treatments at least three weeks apart.
• A peel is not just for women!
• We have many male clients whose skin also benefits from these treatments.
At Laser & Mohs, we specialize in chemical peels. Call (212) 391-8600 for a consultation and let us discuss this life-enhancing procedure with you.
Posted in: Aesthetic Procedures