If you have brown spots, acne related scars, wrinkles or uneven skin tone, you may be a candidate for Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing.
Fractional laser resurfacing is a non-invasive procedure that can restore your skin and treat many imperfections. The fractional laser produces tiny micro-thermal healing zones to form beneath the skin. This spurs your natural production of collagen cells and gives skin a more youthful and vibrant appearance and feeling.
Laser & Mohs Surgery of New York offers fractional laser treatment in addition to our general dermatological treatments. Fractional laser treatment is relatively painless and under the care of an experienced professional, such as Dr. Quintana, your old blemishes will soon be gone and skin restored. With Total FX treatments, Dr. Quintana is able to treeat the deep layers of your skin, but keep downtime to a minimum. Now deep wrinkles, skin texture and scars are dramatically improved after one treatment. One treatment of TotalFX is equivalent to four to six treatments of fraxel laser, and in most cases a single treatment will last up to 10 years.
TotalFX for Total Solutions
Cosmetic imperfections can appear on our skin at all stages of life and include wrinkles, scars, brown spots and more. To improve and remove these unwanted imperfections, TotalFX is your solution. By treating deep in the dermis, as well as the skin’s surface TotalFX is your choice for total outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is TotalFX right for you?
- TotalFX is an ideal treatment option if you:
- • Want to improve fine lines, wrinkles, scars, tone, texture and pigmentation, all at once
- • Want to achieve dramatic results in only one treatment
- • Want a procedure that has minimal down time
What is TotalFX?
- TotalFX is a revolutionary fractional treatment that combines DeepFX™ and ActiveFX™ procedures for total solutions in one treatment with minimal downtime. Fractional treatments treat only a fraction of the skin, leaving bridges of untouched skin that aid in the healing process and reduce healing times enabling you to return to normal activities quicker.
How does it work?
- DeepFX utilizes a very narrow laser microbeam to remove columns of tissue deep into the layers of the skin. The body then heals the channel which stimulates immediate new collagen growth to improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars and fine lines. ActiveFX uses a larger beam to treat the upper layer of skin to remove unwanted pigmentation, promote new skin regeneration, and improve fine lines and texture. In one treatment, TotalFX stimulates collagen growth for up six months that can improve the appearance of: scars, wrinkles, fine lines, tone, texture and pigmentation.
What is a TotalFX treatment like?
- The TotalFX procedure is applied in two steps. First you physician will numb your skin with a topical anesthetic to aid in treatment comfort. The DeepFX laser is applied first followed by the ActiveFX. Your total treatment time will last approximately 30 minutes, though total time will vary depending on the area treated. During the procedure, you will feel a warm sensation as the laser is applied. Immediately following treatment, your skin will be warm, and will appear as though you were sunburned. Your physician will provide you with a skin care regimen to follow for the days following your treatment and as your skin heals, you will begin to notice an improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, scars, pigmentation, tone and texture. You should expect to continue to see improvement for up to six months following the procedures.
Is ActiveFX right for you?
- ActiveFX is an ideal treatment option if you:
- • have a busy lifestyle or cannot be away from work for a long time
- • want noticeable results with minimal downtime
- • want to treat dyschromia, fine lines and wrinkles
What is ActiveFX?
- With ActiveFX treatment, a high-energy beam of laser light interacts with the skin’s surface causing the upper layer to peel off and regenerate a layer of new, healthy skin. The laser beam is applied in a fractional pattern, leaving small “bridges” of untouched skin. This technique makes the healing rocess much faster and enables you to get back to normal activities sooner.
- ActiveFX produces a dramatic effect on the skin:
- • Causes immediate collagen contraction
- • Reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and softens deeper frown lines
- • Noticeably improves skin tone and texture
- • Stimulates new collagen formation and plumps the skin
- Results of treatment can be maximized with proper sun protection. Most effects of treatment become visible right away, whereas others—such as new collagen formation—build up gradually and resultsin continued smoothing over time. Therefore, most people continue to show improvement up to six months after the procedure.
- • Results in a single treatment
- • Minimal downtime
- • Improves scars, wrinkles and texture
- • Deep dermal stimulation
- You will notice immediate softening of wrinkles, fine lines and scars as the skin heals from the treatment. In addition, the skin responds by stimulating organic growth of new collagen that continues for up to six months. Results of the treatment are long-lasting and with proper skin care can last for many years.
What is DeepFX?
- DeepFX is a revolutionary fractional laser technology for aged, sun-damaged or scarred skin. The low-downtime procedure uses fraactional CO2, laser microbeams to precisely target the deep dermal layers of the skin. This stimulates a cascade of healing reponses that leads to tissue regeneration and new collagen formation throughout the entire treatment area. And because only a fraction of the skin is actually touched by the laser, healing time can be limited to just a few days.
How does DeepFX work?
- DeepFX procedures involve treating only a fraction of the skin’s surface, leaving bridges of untouched skin to aid in the regeneration process. Each laser pulse removes a narrow column of tissue while simultaneously treating surrounding skin. This deep heating causes immediate collagen contraction and long-term collagen remodeling. The result is softening and smoothing of wrinkles and scars an improved skin texture.