Wrinkle and Sun Damage Treatment In NYC
Laser Treatment Before & After
Wrinkle & Sun Damage Removal
Precisely targets the three major signs of aging:
- Brown discolorations- These are darker than the rest of the skin and absorb more laser energy than surrounding skin.
- Red discolorations- They are overgrown or enlarged blood vessels. Preferentially heating vessel walls causes them to weaken, fall, and be absorbed by the body.
- Wrinkles and skin laxity- Caused by gradual breakdown in collagen density and strength. Deep heating laser energy starts a regenerative process which lays down layers of new healthy collagen.
Sun Damage Removal Treatment
There is an initial consultation with a staff member to discuss eligibility, details of treatment, and to schedule a treatment time. After arriving for your appointment the area to be treated will be cleaned and a topical anesthetic may be applied. Right before treatment you will receive safety glasses or eye shields to be placed over your eyes and if applied the anesthetic will be removed.
The actual treatment will progress in four stages:
Laser energy is delivered directly to sun and age spots utilizing high precision beams.
The same high precision beam is then adjusted to treat vascular targets including superficial veins and cherry angiomas.
The laser is changed from precision spot to large spot to treat general background sun damage.
The wavelength of the laser is changed to treat deeper into the dermis for collagen contraction and stimulation. After treatment your skin may appear flushed and/or swollen which will usually subside after a few hours or days depending on the intensity of treatment. Sun and age spots will darken and flake off, facial veins will disappear, and wrinkles and skin will tighten. Lastly, you should take care to limit sun exposure and work with your doctor for post treatment care.
What People Say About Us!
I have done multiple visits with Dr. Quintana. Going into a dermatologist is a vulnerable thing to do. She makes you feel comfortable and trusts your view in terms of how you feel/the reason for your visit. It’s been very easy to find an appointment if you have flexibility in your schedule, unlike many other dermatologists where you have to wait weeks before getting one.
Click here to read more reviews.
- You may experience a slight tingling during treatment
- Treatments take between 5 and 30 minutes depending on specifics of treatment
- Most patients see considerable improvement after 1 to 4 treatments
- Skin laxity and wrinkle improvement is most noticeable after 3 to 6 treatments
- Treatments help remove signs of aging and sun damage but cannot stop the process
Is The Treatment Safe?
Since 1989, IRIDEX has been a leader in medical precision laser technology with a track record of developing exceptionally safe and effective systems. All treatments have been carefully researched and FDA cleared: however, like any medical procedure, there are risks that you should discuss with your physician prior to treatment.
Schedule A Consultation For Sun Damage Treatment In NYC
Do you think Gemini Wrinkle and Sun Damage Control sounds right for you? Contact Us today for more information, or Make an Appointment online for consultation.