Your summer skin is on display, every sunny day. There’s never been a more perfect time to enjoy a safe and effective way to diminish the appearance of fine facial lines and wrinkles. Summer is definitely the time to experience the most popular aesthetic, cosmetic treatment in the world, Botox® Cosmetic – the purified form of botulinum toxin A.
Botox® works by blocking the nerves that contract your facial muscles – it basically softens the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox® is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t set. These are called dynamic wrinkles, they appear while you’re moving the muscles of your face, such as when you frown or smile. Botox® quickly and non-surgically treats these lines and wrinkles – especially in your forehead area and around your nose and mouth. It can lift your brow making you look younger, less tired and less stressed.
Botox® can also decrease excessive sweating. This is a little-known benefit of this amazing injectable. A simple Botox® treatment under the arms can lessen the amount of sweat produced.
Some additional things to know about Botox® Cosmetic:
- Discuss your expectations and goals with us before treatment. You will be happiest with your results if you choose a more natural look.
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox® treatments.
- If you take aspirin or ibuprofen, be sure to tell us before you schedule a treatment. These medications thin the blood and increase bleeding. Some natural supplements, such as fish oil, gingko biloba, or vitamin E, also thin the blood. We may ask you not to use those supplements for two weeks before your treatment.
- A Botox® Party with your girlfriends is not the time to experience Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology.
- You will see results within days, with the effects of Botox® lasting up to 4 months.
If you’ve always wanted to try a Botox® treatment, now is the time. Call to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Quintana to learn more: (212) 391-8600.