Summertime Is The Time For A Juvederm® Treatment For Your Hands
- Posted on: Jun 15 2016
Your hands may be giving away your age. It’s true. You may be using expensive creams for your face and that’s a good thing. But your hands are one of the first things people notice about you. Your hands are also susceptible to the first signs of aging, and often age faster than your face because of their constant exposure to the elements and the sun.
The skin on the back of your hands is thinner than the skin on your face, so when your natural elastin and collagen break down, it shows. The result is wrinkly, crepe-like skin with large, exposed veins, which become larger over time. Depending on how much exposure to the sun you had as a child, aging may also result in “liver spots,” which are freckle-like, sun-caused pigmentations. The perfect solution is a Juvederm® hand rejuvenation procedure.
- The number one professional hand-care rejuvenation treatment is dermal fillers. When used on the hands, fillers add volume and put back some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost. One of the most popular of these FDA approved injectable fillers is Juvederm®.
- A Juvederm® treatment takes less than 20 minutes and is done in our office.
- Using a tiny needle, Juvederm® is injected into each area of your hands that require treatment.
- There may be some swelling, redness or brushing following the treatment but these go away rapidly. There is no downtime; you can return to your normal activities immediately.
- You will see immediate improvement, but the full results of the treatment will manifest in about two weeks. Results last about three to six months.
Some additional tips for lovelier hands:
- Be generous with sunscreen, not only on your face but on your hands as well.
- Wear rubber-gloves if your hands will be exposed to harsh cleaning products or chemicals.
- Buy a good hand cream and use it often. Using hand moisturizers as early as your 20s is a great anti-aging strategy.
Call for a consultation appointment, today, to learn more about the youthful effects of a Juvederm® treatment: (212) 391-8600.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers