Trending now is laser skin resurfacing – one of the most common and most popular aesthetic cosmetic procedures. It is used to correct troublesome skin problems, such as acne scars, birthmarks, sun-damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. Because of cumulative sun damage, genetics and nutritional factors, a gradual loss of collagen thins your skin and eventually fine lines and wrinkles form, age spots appear and your skin tone changes.
Dr. Quintana uses the TotalFX Laser which uses a high-energy beam of CO2 light to treat your skin’s surface as well as deeper into the dermis. TotalFX is a revolutionary fractional treatment that combines DeepFX™ (a deeper treatment) and ActiveFX™ in one treatment with minimal downtime. This is ideal if you have a busy lifestyle or cannot be away from work for a long period of time. The beauty of fractional laser treatments is that they treat a fraction of your skin, leaving bridges of untouched skin that aid in your skin’s healing process.
Following a treatment:
- You will notice an immediate softening of wrinkles, fine lines and scars.
- Your skin will glow, your skin tone will be evened out and your skin will respond by stimulating the growth of new collagen.
- There will be some slight swelling following treatment and you must avoid exposure to the sun and apply sunscreen.
- You should be able to return to work in about seven to ten days.
- Results are long-lasting and with proper skin care can last for many years.
- Usually one treatment gives great results but in patients with deeper wrinkles a second treatment may be needed.
Both men and women can benefit from laser skin resurfacing.
With the new year upon us, now is the perfect time to call to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Quintana: (212) 391-8600.