Preparing for Laser Hair Removal: How to Enjoy Optimal Results
- Posted on: Dec 30 2013
Excess body hair does not just take time and effort to remove, but they can also cause embarrassment. It is hard to wear anything you want without worrying about body hair. If you are tired of plucking and shaving or find waxing too uncomfortable, we suggest you undergo laser hair removal in New York. Here at Laser & Mohs Dermatology of New York, we provide patients with pre-procedure instructions for optimal results.
- Do not use sunless tanners and do not get a tan a month before laser hair removal. The skin has to be light during treatment.
- Apply sunscreen. Protect your skin from the sun by putting on sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 15. When staying outside, wear protective clothing too.
- Avoid plucking or waxing 2 to 4 weeks before the procedure. You can shave unwanted hair, but plucking and waxing have to be avoided. These two techniques can lessen the effectiveness of the procedure. Moreover, do not bleach the hair.
- Shave the treatment area prior to the appointment. You can do this one day before laser hair removal. Longer hair can cause more discomfort during the procedure.
- Make sure that the treatment site is clean. Cosmetics, creams, and lotions have to be removed. Deodorant also needs be removed before the procedure. These things can obstruct the laser or refract it, affecting the results.
If you are interested in getting rid of unwanted body and facial hair, set an appointment with us by calling 212-391-8600. During your consultation, you will be provided with instructions on how you can enjoy optimal results from laser hair removal. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Laser Procedures